The Vestry of the Church of St. Clement acts as the governing board according to our Church Bylaws. Each year, four new members (minimum of 13 members, including the Rector) are elected by the congregation at our annual meeting in February.
A person must be:
1. At least eighteen years of age
2. A voting member of the church
3. A committed Christian, who maintains disciplines of Bible Study and Prayer
4. Believing the Bible to be the inspired Word of God and the Creeds of the Church to be authoritative in defining biblical Christian faith.
5. Regular in worship and active in the life of the congregation
6. A giver of record for at least a year who is committed to tithing or working toward a tithe
7. Able to attend to as many as two meetings a month, vestry retreats, etc.
The vestry nominating process is meant to be a process of mutual spiritual discernment. Therefore we should seek to choose vestry members that we know to be prayerful, knowledgeable of scripture, who have a personal relationship to Christ, and a desire to serve him through serving this parish. If you are nominating someone other than yourself, please obtain that person’s permission prior to submitting his or her name.