WHAT IS STEPHEN MINISTRY?
Stephen Ministry is a confidential ministry (the identity of those receiving care and what takes place in each relationship remains private). The team is equipped and trained to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
A STEPHEN MINISTER IS.....
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting;
- A congregation member with gifts for caregiving, who was carefully selected to serve in this role;
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care;
- A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports and encourages;
- Someone who will "be there" for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there's a need.
STEPHEN MINISTERS CARE FOR PEOPLE FACING TOUGH TIMES......
We all experience challenges in life - times when we could benefit from the support of a caring Christian friend. Stephen Ministers are ready to provide the emotional and spiritual care we need when faced with a crisis or difficulty, such as...
- Loss of a loved one
- Divorce or separation
- Loneliness or discouragement
- Spiritual crises
- Unemployment or job crisis
- A terminal illness
- Birth, adoption, miscarriage or infertility
- A chronic illness
- Recovery after an accident or disaster
Stephen Leaders are trained leaders in our congregation who oversee and direct our Stephen Ministry.
If you or someone you know could benefit from the care of a Stephen Minister...
If you are interested in possibly becoming a Stephen Minister...
If you have any other questions about Stephen Ministry...
Please contact Diane Tatem at 915-433-5034 or firstname.lastname@example.org